Wednesday 28 November 2012

Game Design and Plan Week 10

So... The game was come quite far over this week... Told you last week I would have a better update so here it is...

Our game now has a working main menu which leads to the game itself, our Facebook page and Twitter page, which I completed myself, turned out quite difficult to do. I will continue to work on teh menu screens the credits is next on my list should take too long, I am waiting for Andrew to add a death function or something so I can start on the Gameover screen but I may be able to do this beforehand but we will just wait and see how things turn out.

Our main game code now has quite a bit of advanced code, our guards now chase the player until they have ran out of his line of sight. The civilians will be alerted by your presence and when they find a guard will alert them, we hope to advance this when we make the actual game with the civilians running straight to the guards  and when they alert the guard he would run to your last known position and search for you. I would advise checking out Andrew's Blog as he handled the majority of the harder game code, therefore he can rant on for a while about what he did.

We have updated the sprite it now looks awesome thanks to Calum, he will continue to work on the other sprites for out game for the rest of the characters. (sidenote cannot wait to see how they turn out!!!)

Justin was working on the artwork but now that Calum has provided artwork which looks slightly more fitting to our game, Calum will take over this task. I have asked Justin to look out for some sound FX we can use for our game making sure they are free to use.

I will wrap up here because I need to get back to the game heheh... 
Thanks for reading, Stephen out...

No comments:

Post a Comment