Wednesday 6 February 2013

Game Project: Creating Game Week 1

Hey everyone, guess who is blogging again, heheh... So... Winter break was fun wasn't able to do too much work on the game as I was working quite a bit in my part-time job so didn't really have time to make a lot of advancements, but we are back now so let's get to work, it's gonna be fun.

Let's start off with what we (Late Panda Studios) have discussed today, we outlined what each member of the team must do over the next 6-8 weeks while we develop Spy Green, I personally will handle the script and outlining the story level by level, and buffing up the main menu to work better than it does.

Andrew will handle to bulk of the code, I've got quite a bit of faith in him I believe he will handle this very well, but I also feel the heavy workload may put a strain on him and therefore try to help in anyway I am able.

Calum will handle the artwork still needed for the game, he has decided he will re-create some of the images for the characters currently in the game as he dislikes their, in his opinion, rushed appearance. I think the images look fine and feel like if he fails to re-create these images in time it will not be a huge loss for the product as a whole.

Andrew and I have been attempting to find a task that Justin to do but with all of the work divided between myself, Andrew and Calum we are struggling to think of anything to give him to do. He is currently attempting to learn HTML5, which he should have done last year but better late than never, hopefully if he can learn enough he can assist Andrew with the programming taking some of his workload off him.

So last year's module was marked, we did a lot worse than I thought we would've but still passed with a high enough mark to be proud. I personally was marked down for my blogs not containing images and such, which I left out because I didn't create anything, but this year I'll scan in initial scripts, any images I or the team make that would be of interest to the fans, although today... I've got nothing... no physical work was made but I will start uploading screen shots and scans and such whenever I can.

Thanks for reading, Stephen out...

No comments:

Post a Comment